Meet Faith

Meet Faith
Meet Faith

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Get your "sweet" on - Bella Bella Cupcakes


One of the questions we get asked a lot is - Where was that picture of Faith taken? Many think that it is a professional portrait. It's not. It just shows the sheer joy a child experiences when confronted with pure yum. A cupcake.

Bella Bella Cupcakes opened their retail shop in Silverdale in February of this year, but they have been around much longer than that. They could be found at Farmers Markets, Craft Fairs, and local Coffee Shops. Bella Bella Groupies (as we named ourselves) would tromp from here to there in hopes of getting our sweet on. 

I still remember my first taste of a Bella Bella Cupcake. It was at the Central Kitsap Band Boosters yearly craft fair. We walked into the High School and saw the cute blue and brown display. The last thing my hips needed was a cupcake, so we moved on. But the smell. The smell was heavenly. As we headed back to the exit of the craft fair, we passed the display again. Donna Wharton, Bella Bella Cupcakes owner, was just slicing a cupcake into 1/4 to give out as samples. 

I'm a sucker for samples.

I actually canceled my Costco membership because I would find reasons to go in the store and hunt down free samples. (Ok, and because every time I went in, I ended up spending $200.....but the samples were a factor also!)

It was Pumpkin Spice. My knees went weak. I immediately bought a dozen. My hips have never been the same since. From the blazing heat of the Silverdale Farmers Market, to the wind and rain of Port Orchard Farmers Markets, we would go and find our cupcakes.

Our gas bill is very grateful that Bella Bella now has it's own storefront in Silverdale WA. It's a cute, whimsical little shop. With variety galore. Usually 5 or 6 flavors including gluten-free! And ice cream! And espresso! Cupcakes, ice cream and espresso! Is this what heaven looks like? They also feature many local hand made items for sale. 

Bella Bella Cupcakes has generously offered to sponsor Faith as we reach for our fundraising goal. They have lots of fun ideas up their sleeves (aprons?) including a silent auction to be held at their shop and something about Flamingos. I wonder what that is about?

If you are in the area, please stop by and try a cupcake or 12. :)

Bella Bella Cupcakes
10726 Silverdale Way, Suite 107 in Silverdale (Right between Midas and Goodyear. Yep! It’s Oil, Brakes, and Cupcakes!)
360.908.8096, or send an email to bellabellacupcakes@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Cupcakes with a heart. This was a really great blog entry. I wish there were more businesses like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a really great company. I'm so happy to be working with them.

    ReplyDelete